Stealth Methodology Adoption
Facing resistance when implementing new development process changes within an organization? Sometimes big changes need to be packaged to make them appear to be minor adjustments to the current process. Agile software development methods can coexist within SW-CMM/CMMI environments, but sometimes they need to be described in a way that makes them seem less threatening to the "process police" -- this presentation will show you how.
Participants will learn:
- Why people resist the introduction of new approaches
- The history of software development lifecycles and how these new approaches were accepted
- 9 tips on introducing new development methods to your team and to your organization
- Examples of introducing software development processes such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, and other agile methods
- Pitfalls to avoid when introducing a new method
The Stealth Methodology Adoption approach, however, is applicable to more than just software development projects -- you can use these techniques for most development process changes. Book this session now and learn the techniques that may just make your next process change a success.
In formal feedback from one conference where this topic was presented, 96% of attendees responded that Kevin Aguanno "was interesting and held my attention" and 93% felt that Kevin's presentation met or exceeded their expectations. Some comments from the feedback forms included:
- Excellent technique, very informative.
- Very knowledgeable!
- Kept my attention
- Great delivery. Interesting topic.
- A definite topic for next year.
- Good succinct points with lots of 'take away' info.
- Engaging speaker. Relevant topic. Practical ideas.
- Great presenter!
- Best of all the sessions.
- Thought provoking.
In formal feedback to a presentation of this topic at a recent PMI Buffalo chapter conference, 100% said that the speaker presented well and was prepared. Comments included:
- Shared his experiences (not just theory) and kept the audience engaged.
- Good examples, engaging speaker, very pragmatic approach.
- He was knowledgeable, brought relevant experience, and had an energetic style.
A chapter from the best-selling Managing Agile Projects entitled “Stealth Methodology Adoption” is available as a downloadable MP3 ($9.99) file, or in Mobipocket PRC and Palm PDB ebook formats.
An expanded live conference recording of this session entitled Agile Adoption Made Easy is available in downloadable MP3 ($9.99) format.