New Advanced Certificate in Agile Project Management Available
The Project Management Association of Canada (www.PMAC-AMPC.ca) has announced the creation of two new agile certifications.
The Project Management Association of Canada (www.PMAC-AMPC.ca) has announced a program of project management specialty certifications. These new certifications go beyond basic PM skills into more intermediate and advanced topics. The first two such certificates are around agile project management.
The "PMAC Certificate in Agile Project Management" is similar to the Certified Scrum Master qualification. It is the mark of someone who has:
1. Completed a minimum number of hours of agile training from an accredited course.
2. A recognized project management credential (PMP, IPMA-D, a degree in project management, or a university-provided certificate in project management)
3. Passed a 2-hour examination.
The written examination to assess the candidate's undertstanding of the principles and practices of agile project management.
Another certification, the "PMAC Advanced Certificate in Agile Project Management" offers recognition of those who have successfully applied agile management techniques on real projects. To receive this credential, candidates must have:
1. Already achieved the basic PMAC Certificate in Agile Project Management
2. Taken additional advanced training in agile project management from an accredited training course
3. A minimum of 3 years of documented experience as a project manager
4. A minimum of 1 year of documented experience managing projects using agile methods
5. Prepared a profile of one agile project that they have managed, addressing how specific aspects of agile management methods were applied on that project.
6. Passed a 2-hour exam.
Further details on these certificates can be found at www.PMAC-AMPC.ca/specialty