Agile Certification Exam Prep
*** Includes preparation for the new PMI Agile-Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) exam and the Certified Agile Project Manager exam ***
As more and more companies adopt agile project management techniques, there is a need to clearly identify project managers who are capable of applying these methodologies. Both the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Project Management Association of Canada (PMAC) have developed agile certifications designed to provide agile practitioners with the credentials companies are looking for.
This 1-day course provides a review of both the PMI and PMAC agile certification procedures, a
review of the topics covered within the exams, sample exam questions, important studying tips, and additional resources recommended to complete your exam preparation.
- describe the two agile certifications along with their certification requirements and procedures.
- list the major topic areas being assessed during the exams.
- describe the fundamentals of several agile methodologies including Scrum, Extreme Programming, and Feature-Driven Development.
- estimate a team’s starting velocity using several techniques.
- describe and build release plans, iteration plans, and day plans.
- explain tracking and control techniques such as kanban, burndown charts, parking lot reports, and velocity.
- identify areas where additional study may be required, and where to find the required study resources.
Participants should already have formal training in agile methods. This would include introductory courses in agile project management, certified scrum master training, and similar courses.
Both certification exams require a minimum of 21 hours of agile training before writing. This course counts towards 7 of those required 21 hours (you will receive 7 Professional Development Units, PDUs, upon completion).
NOTE: This course has been accredited by PMAC, as meeting its standards and fulfilling the education requirements to write the Certification Agile Project Management exam.
Anyone who has some prior agile training or who understands basic agile concepts including ScrumMasters, project managers, business analysts and senior team members.
One day of lectures and workshop activities, starting at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 5:00 p.m., with two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break.
All attendees will receive an in-class workbook containing copies of the presentation materials. Also included is a DVD containing the video Scrum in Under 10 Minutes - an excellent refresher on the Scrum method. Each student will also receive a copy of the best-selling book Managing Agile Projects, edited by Kevin Aguanno (retails for $39.95 USD).
EVEN MORE: Participants will also get an agile exam study guide for the new PMI Agile-Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) exam containing study tips, sample exam questions, and a lot more... (retails for $49.95)
These bonuses total over $100!
Project Management Professionals (PMPs) Earn 7 PDUs with this course!
This counts as 7 Agile PDUs towards the 21 required to write the new PMI agile certification exam